Hoymiles DTU DIY instructions for setting up a Hoymiles account. And is there Hoymile's DTU alternative?
With the increasing demand for balcony power plants in Europe, more and more consumers are interested in Hoymile's DTU DIY account setup and Hoymile's DTU Alternatives, These Hoymile's DTU DIY Instructions show you how to set up a new Hoymiles account in simple steps. Also, this article will give you the Hoymile's DTU alternative presented.
Due to the general price reduction of Hoymiles products, a Hoymiles DTU Wlite, which would have cost around 60 euros in April, at Mini Power for only 39,90 euros be acquired. You'll find more about it here.
Hoymiles DTU DIY instructions for setting up a Hoymiles account.
As more DIY customers install Hoymiles microinverters for solar power systems on balconies and other tight spaces, Hoymiles has simplified the account creation process. After this Hoymile's DTU DIY DIY customers can now set up new Hoymiles system accounts in the S-Miles Cloud app without the help of an installer.
This Hoymile's DTU DIY Feature is still in beta and only available for customers in Germany, France, Poland, Netherlands, Italy and Austria. Users from other regions are advised to regularly check the official website for the latest product information.
1) Download the S-Miles End User App. Click "No Account" to go to the registration page.
2) Click Go to Settings to enable location service.
3) Click "Register" to go to the registration page. Then click on “Go to Settings” and you will be taken to the WiFi page. A wireless DTU network (AP mode) should be selected.
4) When you join the DTU network, the SN of the DTU is automatically entered. After clicking “Go to Settings”, the mobile phone will be automatically disconnected from the DTU network.
5) Connect to your home network (or use your traffic data) and enter the required information. Also, enter the verification code you received via email to finish setting up your account. Now you can proceed to the next step of setting up your system.
6) You can then log in using the account name and password you just created.
7) Please click the "+" icon at the top left corner of the app interface. Then fill in the basic information about your PV system.
8) Manually enter the DTU serial number (SN) found on the DTU or packaging to add the DTU to your PV array. Or simply scan the SN sticker to add the DTU to your PV system.
9) As a final step to add your microinverter to your PV array, please enter the microinverter serial number (SN) manually or simply scan the SN sticker on the device.
10) Based on the actual installation location of your PV system, set up the placement information on the screen.
11) After completing the remaining information, the PV system is set up successfully.
And is there Hoymile's DTU alternative?
With the increasing demand for PV systems on consumers' balconies, Hoymiles DTU has caught consumers' attention. More and more consumers are becoming curious about the Hoymile's DTU alternative. To control the output of your balcony power plants, the do-it-yourselfer has several Hoymile's DTU alternative to select:
Alternative 1: Hoymiles micro-inverter + DTU-WLite
The first alternative is to install your balcony power plants in combination with the Hoymiles micro-inverter and DTU-WLite. This choice is the most economical way to complete your PV system. Therefore, it is also the alternative that most consumers choose.
Hoymiles DTU-Wlite: Hoymiles DTU-Wlite power control with certificate (miniminipower.com)
Alternative 2: Hoymiles Micro Inverter + DTU-Pro
If you replace Hoymiles DTU-WLite with Hoymiles DTU-Pro, you will get more functions and possibilities to control your PV system, and it is also more stable. However, Hoymile's DTU-Pro takes up more space in your home and costs more than DTU-WLite. Hoymile's DTU-Pro is more suitable for balcony power plants with more than four solar panels. For those customers whose balconies only have up to four solar panels, DTU-WLite is the better choice.
Alternative 3: Hoymiles HMS series with Wi-Fi
Wi-Fi is pre-installed in the Hoymiles HMS series, so you can control the performance of your PV system even without a DTU. This product is expected to be launched later this year. For customers who don't own Hoymiles micro inverter yet, the product would be a good choice. But for customers who already own a balcony power station with a Hoymiles microinverter, adding a DTU-WLite to their system is the simpler and more cost-effective choice.